The Journey of a Lifetime

Ryan and I have decided to pursue our forth adoption and add another beautiful baby to our family. We couldn't be happier and are thrilled! Join us in our journey in adopting baby Schlenner!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What a Day...Miracles of Miracles!


My main goal in Chengdu was not only to complete the required government adoption paperwork. All along I planned on coming to Chengdu, home of my child's birth city, to piece together his story and find answers. I was not going to leave without some MORE information. I wanted answers to WHY and HOW!

There is absolutly NO way I could have done this tast without the help of God above! For that I believe our family received another miracle because I have Shu Shu's "story!" With the help of Emily, our Chengdu coordinator, and God on our side I somehow did it and have pieced together Magnus' (we still call him Shu Shu!) story.

When we received his referral in April we had no information except a piece of paper that had is date of birth. This is typical. It is illegal in China for a woman to abandon her child so it is done quickly and quietly. Most time the babies are dropped off days-months old around hospitals and government buildings because the mothers know they will be found quickly.

These past months I kept thinking...if his mother left his date of birth on a piece of paper, then there HAD to be a note from his mother!!! I just knew a mother who loved her baby and couldn't care for him/her due to circumstances would LEAVE A NOTE.

So I hired a driver and Emily, our coordinator, and I went on a mission in Chengdu to find some answers. I got them! We went to several government offices...I can't even tell you who they were exactly. But I was able to view and receive a copy of the police report, the "finding ad" that was run in the Chengdu newspaper for 3 months, received the NOTE his birth mother left pinned to his clothing, the name of the man that found Magnus on July 19th, 2010, the address, and the exact SPOT where he was left, and information as to exactly why this all happened. I can't even believe all this as I write it now.....................everything FELL into place. Like it was a miracle.

I will save the rest of the story for Magnus as the rest of the information is his and his only to share. But I will share some of the pictures of his story because this was my missiong coming to Chengdu. I have fullfilled my mission and I have every piece of information I wanted to get!!!! Thank you Lord!

Ok, the picture above (at the top) is the street where Magnus was found! In the police report the man who found our Magnus said the road was nice because it had fragrant flowers blooming. It was a quiet road and not much city traffic. The area is on the west end of town and most likely easily accessable to country side folk.

On the road are beautiful flowers that bloom from June-October in Chengdu.


Here is the exact spot the name described in the police report.


This is the government building that Magnus was left at. I am standing next to the spot where he was left for someone to quickly find him. Also, next door to this government building is an orphange. However, on July 19th, 2010 this orphanage was FULL. His mother tried to find him a home. Luckily, Magnus was placed in another orphanage and a nicer orphanage that is Half the Sky orphanage. It's funded by the United States and children receive much better care from what I have seen with my own eyes.


This is a picture of our Chengdu coordinator, Emily, who is amazing in every way. Without her help I wouldn't have been able to get the information I needed!!! In this picture, we are in the Civil Affirs officer where I signed paperwork and Magnus' adoption paperwork is officially completed in the eyes of chinese government. He is completely and in every sense of the word OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Now we have to wait for his passport to be issued in 2 days and then leave for Guangzhou, where we complete paperwork for the US side of things. There is a process to everything and I just tell the girls, "Slow and steady wins the race!"


I have his story. My work here is done. God bless our child' birth mother and I pray for her to have peace.

10 comments:

Mysty and Anthony said...

AMAZING! Simply AMAZING! How awesome is our God? I mean, for you to find all of that out is a miracle! I am like you with information. Although I know nothing was left with my Zoey, atleast I have enough info to feel at peace with it! I can't imagine how peaceful you slept! So proud of you, My friend and again. THANK you for posting all of this! You made me smile (and cry) once again!!!

Muke said...

Wow Ann, I did not expect to start out my day with tears running down my face! This is just amazing! Thank you for sharing your journey with us! Your children are very lucky to have you as their mommy!! God Bless!
Heidi Mukomela

Unknown said...

I am in tears, Ann! this is so incredibly wonderful, and what a blessing! I'm thrilled for you both!!

Angela said...

What an amazing story! I'm so happy you could put together all of this. Wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

Hi
I had to hurry home this morning to find out your latest entry in your Magnus Journey. So awesome. I will have to go to MN soon and experience your wonderful family. Love ya all. I leave for China in 10 days. I know you enjoyed Beijing...it is a wonderful place especially the Great Wall.
Auntie Lois

Cousin Shellie said...

Hi Ann & Crew!
Sorry I haven't had time to view the blog earlier..... so many great posts that I wish I had experienced earlier. I talked with Holly last weekend and saw the pictures of the Great Wall. Looked like great fun.
I'm so glad it is going well with Magnus!! What a sweetie. He looks precious and I can see that meeting all of you at once helps everyone adjust to the new little guy and very helpful to him. Reading about your information gathering was emotional for me, I can only imagine the emotions you are feeling each day. What a roller coaster journey!!! How wonderful that you were able to find out his background info. I can't wait to meet your new little guy. Thanks for sharing all the cute pictures of everyone. Hugs to all!!! I hope everyone is feeling much better!! Happy travels!
Lots of love,
Shellie

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann, Karen, Peg and Kids,

Awesome! I am so glad you went on your mission and got all the answers! I am loving your blog and all the pictures. Thanks for sharing with us.

Love to all of you,
Auntie Erma

Nikki said...

What an amazing gift to share with Magnus someday! I'm so happy you feel at peace and you were able to find out so much! May God continue to bless you on your journey!

Anonymous said...

Hi Family
I am following you on your incredible journey.
It is so exciting. I wish you a safe trip home.
Can't wait to see you at home with your
precious baby. Auntie Sharon

Anonymous said...

Anxiously awaiting another update darling! Talked to Ry again yesterday ... sounds like everything continues to go just as planned and even better than you could have ever hoped! We are lifting you up in prayer and cannot wait for you to get your little selves back home!
Love ya!
Ang