The Journey of a Lifetime

Ryan and I have decided to pursue our forth adoption and add another beautiful baby to our family. We couldn't be happier and are thrilled! Join us in our journey in adopting baby Schlenner!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 8: Babies Nap Time!!



Both babes were totally exhausted today and I thought I'd try and have them nap together...and it was easy-peasy! Ahnya is a nap crasher and goes down easily almost within minutes. Magnus is still getting used to laying down and I only had to sing the lullaby 6 times and rub his back and he was out, too!


I'm seeing some definate orphanage behaviors which are very typical but makes me sad at the same time. Hopefully in time-these will disappear and/or we will deal with them as we go. But Magnus always always itches his head, ears, and face to fall asleep. He just seems so tramatized to lay down and has to do this ritual of scratching his head, face, ears. If anyone has suggestions I'm open to them. Please email me or post.


Otherwise, we are doing great and waiting for his passport to be issued tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Ann,
Clara had some of the same behaviors. We just gently said, "nice touch" in a calming way and took her hand away from her head when she did these behaviors. After 3 months this behavior is gone. She still does a "nesting" habit with her blankets to settle in to sleep, but she is getting better with this pattern. Time, love, and patience helps ALOT!!

Great news about finding Magnus' story! Great detective work! I can't say again how glad I am to see Magnus was at the Half the Sky orphange. We will have to visit when you get home. :-)
Tammy

Mrs MacKenzie said...

I have never heard of these types of behaviors, but I know little about adoption and common orphanage behaviors.

However, that being said, my aunt and i both have a habit of rubbing our faces when we are tired.