The Journey of a Lifetime

Ryan and I have decided to pursue our forth adoption and add another beautiful baby to our family. We couldn't be happier and are thrilled! Join us in our journey in adopting baby Schlenner!

Monday, October 10, 2011

H-E-L-L-O World!!!!!




Mr. Magnus' personality is carefree, relaxed, BUSY, and overall a very happy baby!


He has really changed within the last 12 hours! I can tell he is trusting of me and knows that I am his "momma!" He comes to me when hungry or wants to be held! Of course, I am loving this!!!!


He knows how to play toys, too! I can tell his orphange (Half the Sky) and nannies actually played with him because he is very content playing and pushing toys around! Many times when I am playing with him, he will throw the toy right at my head and laugh and laugh!!! Magnus laughs a great laugh...however, he has not made noise otherwise. Hopefully he will start vocalizing in the days ahead!


End of Gotch'a Day! Magnus and I snuggled tonight on the couch in our hotel room and had a warm bottle while the girls and Nana and Grandma Peggy lounged in the living room! He started up into my eyes and drank 4 ounces and passed out! What a GOOD baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Ann, he's so gorgeous!! and such an awesome smile!! So glad to hear things went well today!!

Kevin and Michele said...

Crying happy tears of joy for you!!! What a beautiful boy! And your 'photographer' got wonderful pictures!!!! Enjoy every minute.

Nic said...

Sista... you are truly blessed. What a beautiful, peaceful little boy. Congrats. We love you. Everyone at the DeBoer house is so excited for you to come home. XOXO!

Mysty and Anthony said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!! I am in TEARS!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU for posting sooo fast! This was the first thing I opened when I got on the computer!!! OH Ann, HE IS GORGEOUS!!!! I mean it!! He looks sooo good, healthy and happy! OH God is good!!!
Are you just beside yourself? How is having a boy? He looks so big!!! Oh I could write on and on, but I am so happy and can't wait to see more!!! THANK YOU!!! Praying for you in the next few weeks!!!

Angela said...

He is perfect! We can't wait to meet him! I'm so happy things are going so well and he is adjusting! Many blessings and prayers to you all!

Anonymous said...

Annie and crew, I am just a watering pot with weeping over your joyous day with Magnus (Shu Shu). What a beautiful little guy. Give him a big hug from Auntie Lois. I wish you all the very best. Give hugs to all the little girls too. They are so very cute. I forgot to tell you that the Chinese go ga ga over blondes and red heads. I am sure Gabby was overwhelmed with the attention. Love to all Auntie Lois

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann, Karen & Peg! He's beautiful! It was really smart to take his sisters! A smile within half an hour! I just talked to your Dad, Ann. He's doing great. It is raining in Minot so things are slow. I encourage people to comment. When we were there, the blog was our link to home. We needed to hear from you as much as you wanted to hear from us! If it won't take your comment, click "Anonymous" and it takes it. Love ya all, Auntie Erma

Amy said...

ANN!!! I love love love it! He is too precious! He looks so good and sweet! I love that you got to see so much of the orphanage and see where our babies have spent thier days. Oh, how wonderful!!! I'm thinking of you and praying for you! Thanks for keeping all of us posted!!!!

Amy

Mrs MacKenzie said...

So so happy for you guys. He is precious.

Tammy said...

Hi Schlenners!
Congratulations!! Magnus is adorable!!! I was so happy to hear Half the Sky was part of the orphange. Magnus was able to get some quality care. That is great! It looks like he is adjusting well to all those Schlenner girls. I see some Daddy/son bonding ahead. Hope everything continues to go well.
The Purringtons

Nikki said...

He's adorable...these pictures are precious!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann, Magnus is beautiful or should I say handsome?. I am glad to see that he was in a Half the Sky SWI. They made such a difference in Shania's life. Did you get his half the sky Memory Book? When you get home you can also write for his progress reports. Reading this brings back all sorts of memories of my Gotcha day. I wish I could do it again. I think it was a great idea to take the girls. I will keep you all in my prayers for safe trip home.
Your cousin Susan