The Journey of a Lifetime

Ryan and I have decided to pursue our forth adoption and add another beautiful baby to our family. We couldn't be happier and are thrilled! Join us in our journey in adopting baby Schlenner!

Friday, April 17, 2009

"Tentative" Travel Date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm thrilled to say that we have a "tentative" travel date of Wednesday, May 13th!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's "tentative" right now because we're just (again) waiting on our agency as they are making final arrangements for our group to travel. We'll know in 1-2 days for confirmation. But, it's pretty sure a go! We have to wait to book flights until we get the confirmation from our agency....but other than that....this is the news we have been waiting for. FINALLY, I'm able to plan, prepare, and organize around TRAVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't begin to explain what a relief it is to KNOW when I get to travel and see Ahnya. Now, I'm able to visualize and really "see" myself leaving for the airport, walking into the orphanage and seeing her in the nursery for the first time, etc, etc, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't let my mind go there because it just was too far away for me.

So this is wonderful news and pretty much the last step before I get on that plane! The roller coaster ride of the WAIT is almost done. It's been 23 months of this ride...and I'm so tired of it!Now, I'll wait to hear back from the agency in a couple days and then we book flights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until then I'm filled with peace, joy, and the realization that it's really happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Leah said...

First - your excitement is amazing. I've almost forgot that there is actually a baby on the other end of this wait. Thank you for breaking me out of my slump. I'm totally more excited b/c of your excitement!!!

Second - I'm all about traveling on May 14th!! It's possible right??

Jess Pedersen said...

Leah is so right -- your enthusiasm is contagious! I am so excited to travel with you...but I need your organization skills before we leave. How do you do it? I have a zillion things to do and I don't know where to begin. This first time mom is going to need your help big time, sista! xoxo, Jess

Tiffany said...

You sound just a wee bit excited!! Yeah for you...I remember so vividly how great that feels!