The Journey of a Lifetime

Ryan and I have decided to pursue our forth adoption and add another beautiful baby to our family. We couldn't be happier and are thrilled! Join us in our journey in adopting baby Schlenner!

Friday, April 3, 2009

Prayers for Our Court Hearing on Monday, April 6th

The time as finally come and we anxiously await our court hearing on Monday. Ethiopia time is 8 hours ahead of us. So somewhere between 1:00 a.m and 7:00 a.m. Monday morning on April 6th, our case will be presented to the judge in Ethiopia where he/she will rule whether the adoption is final and Ahnya is legally ours forever!!!!!!!!!

Our agency has all the paperwork in order to present to the judge and we are hoping and praying that this judge approves the adoption and Ahnya Leigh Meretech is no longer an orphan, but a Schlenner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shouldn't worry as almost everyone passes court.....but I'm on pins and needles and feel like I have butterflies in my tummy! Please pray that we pass court on Monday and baby Ahnya is legally ours. Pray that the birth certificate and visa paperwork are processed quickly so I can travel and safely bring her home this month. Pray that Ahnya's birth mother is finding peace and strength in her decision and that she and her family are safe and well.

Positively speaking...when we pass court and we receive the "good news" THEN I will FINALLY be able to post pictures of our baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I'm at the part of the roller coaster that's going up, up, up, slowly to the very top of the hill....click, click, click, and then the short pause before sailing down the coaster!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now, everything is in pause..........................and we're stuck at the top with sweaty palms, butterflies in our tummies, and a huge lump in our throats! Hang on for the rest of the ride because it's gonna be an exciting one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Susan Jones said...

Hi Ann & Ryan,

I will be praying too. I love your blog.I can not wait to see pictures. This is such an exciting time. Mom gave me the link. Thank you for your wish and quilt square. I need to bring Shania out to meet your girls sometime. I wish we were not so far away. You would understand some of the things I am going through.

Love your cousin Suz & Shania

Rachel said...

Wishing you lots of luck on Monday!!!