The Journey of a Lifetime

Ryan and I have decided to pursue our forth adoption and add another beautiful baby to our family. We couldn't be happier and are thrilled! Join us in our journey in adopting baby Schlenner!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pray for our safe journey home


Our journey to Africa has come to an end and I am thrilled to be on our way home! Electricity has been non-existent most of the week. So this is why I haven't posted more. Sorry!

Right now I'm at the airport in ET and we are waiting to board the plane!!!! I don't have a whole lot of time to elaborate about our time, but I will say it was a trip of a lifetime and one that I would definitely do over and over again for our beautiful baby girl! She has captured my heart and I know you will fall in love with her too! Ahnya and I have developed a good bond together. I've learned so much about her. She's so funny and smart. It's funny because she can be wild and crazy just like Gabbi and Jojo. I swear she says momma and dada, too! Ahnya is feeling better with her day 2 of Omnisef antibiotic for ear infection and respritory infection. She has a deep cough and terrible diahrea blow outs. So I hope the plane ride goes good! If not, it's going to be interesting.

Hope to see you at the airport and love to you all! Ann

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you guys Friday! Oh, I love the blogs Ann. We just can't wait to get you guys home safe. My love and prayers will be with you the whole way. Harley can't wait to meet his little cuz!!!

All our Love,
The Labats

lois said...

Hi Everyone,
I know you are home safe and sound with your little bundle of joy. Uncle Stan and I wish you all the very best. I'd love to see another picture of little Anyah. This is all so exciting. Love you! Auntie Lois in IL

Jess Pedersen said...

I hope you had a safe and easy trip home! Isaac did not want to sit down or be in the bassinet seat. He cried a lot and was pretty miserable...we had to stand and rock him about 80% of the time. Thus...I'm thankful to be home. I LOVED meeting you and sharing the experience of meeting our babies and exploring Ethiopia. Thanks for being such a warm and wonderful person! Kiss Ahnya for me and I look staying in touch! Love, Jess