The Journey of a Lifetime

Ryan and I have decided to pursue our forth adoption and add another beautiful baby to our family. We couldn't be happier and are thrilled! Join us in our journey in adopting baby Schlenner!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Making Progress...

Good News continues here this week! We learned that we have received the I-800 from USCIS!!!!! This is another important immigration step!!! The I-800 is our Petition to Classify Convention Adoptee as an Immediate Relative. It's our approval from USCIS to adopt Magnus!!!!

Now our paperwork has to go through the National Visa Center beginning of next week. Then we wait for another couple weeks for the LAST STEP called the Article 5! I actually have no idea what this step is for...but I know we have to complete it to finally be able to travel!!! So with that I'm guessing we'll travel in 4-6 weeks!!!!!

Today the girls and I went to the clinic to get our travel shots! I asked Ryan to help me and accompany me with the 'drama' girls...and of course, he said "No, I am busy and you can handle it!" So what seemed like a very simple appointment for the 4 of us, turned into utter and complete chaos! I won't go into details as the girls would be embarrassed and this could come back and haunt them once day (as it really should). But trust me when I say that I sincerely hope I don't ever have to see those two nice nurses EVER again! Because they went through hell and back during those 20 minutes!

Oh, and I'm never forget little Ahnya yelling at the nurses with her blankie and pointing her finger at them saying (at the top of her lungs, too,) "You weave my sista's awoooone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lady, stop it!!!!! You weave my sista's awooooone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Yep, and that was JUST the tip of the ice berg...but you get the idea!

All in all it was a good week for paperwork and the Schlenner Family is ready to travel to China!!! Oh, and did I mention that both Ryan and I's moms are traveling with us, too! Nana and grandma Peg are all set to travel with us to China!!!

More to follow...Have a great weekend!

No comments: